Marketing the traditional commercial district’s assets to customers, potential investors, new businesses, local citizens and visitors. The job of Lake Wales Main Street’s Promotion Committee is to PROMOTE downtown as the center of commerce, culture, and community life for residents and visitors alike. As part of the Four Point Approach to Main Street revitalization, the Promotions Committee is responsible for the following:
- Planning, organizing and promoting special events
- Coordinating groups to participate, attend, or partner for promotional activities
- Develop Lake Wales Main Street’s image
- Attract shoppers and visitors to downtown
- Partners with other groups involved in promoting downtown Lake Wales
- Establishes promotional budgets
- Works with local media
The Promotion Committee has been hard at work developing a logo, website, flyers, and printed materials to help revitalize downtown Lake Wales.
Lake Wales Main Street’s Committees are extremely energetic, organized, creative, open to new ideas while reviewing old ones, and have fun in the process. Lake Wales Main Street has many events planned for the next year and will need your fresh ideas and help.
If you have an interest or skill in public relations, special events, graphic arts, or image development this committee is for you! We are always looking for new ideas and enthusiastic volunteers. Please contact us!