Organization is the foundation of the entire Main Street program. A strong organizational base with committed funding will enable Lake Wales Main Street to enact an effective revitalization program. By partnering with the various and diverse groups in the community to reach consensus on important issues while creating a shared vision for Downtown Lake Wales, the program will be consistently strong. This committee is responsible for creatively building a solid financial foundation and keeping the lines of communication open to the public. Through the Organization Committee, the businesses in downtown are actively involved in the development and growth of the Main Street Program. As part of the Four Point Approach to Main Street revitalization, the Organization Committee is responsible for the following:
- Plan Fundraising events (to raise awareness and create long-term sustainable funding for Lake Wales Main Street)
- Host Events to thank sponsors
- Hold Monthly/Quarterly Neighborhood Outreach parties (held in private homes to educate residents about the organization and the role they can play in revitalizing downtown Lake Wales)
- Host Annual meeting and Awards Ceremony (to recognize volunteers, best façade improvements, building rehabs and creative endeavors)
- Create Lake Wales Main Street Newsletter (produced three or four times per year)
- Plan Main Street Open Houses
- Enhance and maintain Lake Wales Main Street’s website
- Run the Lake Wales Main Street booth at festivals
Lake Wales Main Street’s Committees are extremely energetic, organized, creative, open to new ideas while reviewing old ones, and have fun in the process. Lake Wales Main Street has many events planned for the next year and will need your fresh ideas and help.
If you have an interest or skill in volunteer development, or Human resources this committee is for you! We are always looking for new ideas and enthusiastic volunteers. Please contact us!